You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Networking (LAN)

Type of server

how many type of server?what is DNS?

Regards
    Raheel
    Dear Raheel,
    I would like to tell you first what is server? i think you know very well that Server is something which serves your requests. So anything which responses your requests, is called Servers.

If we talk about types of server then i think that is not sure we need to specify in which you define the types of server. Here you can see some servers which is actually categorized on the basis of their particular operation/responses.Example:

Telnet server
    Proxy server
    Name server
    Web server
    Application server
    Name server
    Sound server
    Print server
    File server
    FAX server
    And many more...

DNS is actually Domain Name System which assign URL name for I.P Addresses. The Domain Name System makes it possible to assign domain names to groups of Internet resources and users in a meaningful way, it associates various informations with Domain Name. For Example,

Let a domain name www.example.com may be translated into the I.P address 192.25.35.5

"People says 143. I say 444 i.e. Love Your Life"

i read in some web site domain name divided into different part.

WWW (another part)
    example(another part)
    .com (another part)

can you explain this.

Regards
    Raheel

Well its a part of DNS where it is categories in three sectors, And i think you know very well the first part that is WWW(World Wide Web) and the second part is chosen by the webmasters its your wish when you create your website which is called URL.

The last and the most important one is
    .com
    .org
    .in
    .nic
    .gov
    .mil
    .net

So, it is dependent on the concerned organisation from which the website is related. It identifies the type of the websites like .com for commercial and the same way .in means India.

Regards,
    Jeevan

Raheel thanks for raising this post and i have been watching the responses to this post from other members too. As rightly pointed out by Jeevan Kumar the possibilities of having DNS address for registering new domains can be possible in seven different ways. They are

.com
    .org
    .in
    .nic
    .gov
    .mil
    .net

And you can also use a dot to still beautify the web address. Like Raheel.good.in etc.

K Mohan

The '''Cheer Leader ''' of this site

Hi Raheel

there are many server available but some are given blow please note it.
    list is given blow

mail server

proxy server

web server

application server

FTp server

real time server

collaboration server

open source server

telnet server

above list is about servers.

Never lie someone Who trust on you.
    Never Trust Someone who lies you.

Regards & Thanks
    Aamir Khan

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.