You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Performance and Cleanup Utilities

Which is best Antivirus software?

Hai,

I am using Windows XP as my operating system. But it is usually affeted by internet viruses very often. There are several softwaes currently available. I don't know which is the best Anti virus software for Windows XP platform?

with regards,
    Dr. A. Vijaya Kathiravan

http://www.indiastudychannel.com/r/vijayakathiravan.aspx and
    http://www.techulator.com/r/vijayakathiravan.aspx
    provides you an opportunity to earn while you learn....!
    Dr. A. Vijaya Kathiravan thanks for posting this thread and i suggest AVG anti virus is the best. I am using it since three years and my machine is secure in the hands of AVG. Hope you will have a try of this software.

K Mohan

The '''Cheer Leader ''' of this site

hello,

You can prefer either AVG,Avira,Norton, kaspersky or Avast and all of them are having their own advantages and disadvantages on one another and before their installation see their hardware requirements and make sure that i will be fully updated and accessing the required files from the internet and also see the review of the anti-virus before installation because Norton and kaspersky anti-virus removes the infection but slows down the speed of your computer.

Chirag Sachdeva

Well cant about the best antivirus's but there are a lot of good ones available. AVG free is good but some of the virus's go undetected, and some times AVG really causes problem, i faced a lot of problems when i was installing few applications and AVG detected them as virus, which in reality were not.

So i shifted to Avast free edition, this uses very less resources and really works good. There are silent mode when you doing some works and dont want to be disturbed by application blocking and so on

hello,
    i will recommend you the kaspersky the best antivirus as i am using it from last four years. Even i too have the XP operating system i do not get any problem related to safety and security of the system but the point is i used to update it regularly.

Reagrds,
    Jeevan

"People says 143. I say 444 i.e. Love Your Life"

Hello Dr. A. Vijaya Kathiravan

The best anti virus and Internet security is Norton Internet Security 2010 and 2011. NIS 2010 & 2011 are very light and effective. NIS 2010 is available as 90 days trial period and NIS 2011 is available at 15 days trial period.

The main feature of NIS is that it uses SONAR technology and removes all the known and unknown viruses from the system. After a trial period you should need to buy a single license for just Rs. 1400 and then you can use the product on your three personal computers at the same time. Also please note that the expiration period will be same for all the PCs.

Symantec products also recommended by Microsoft and NIS 2010 & 2011 is the best antivirus and Internet security for every operating system.

Regards
    Dinesh Sood

Editor & Diamond Member - IndiaStudyChannel.com

Avast being the best one. I am now using it for 2 years now. You can download avast 5.1 and get a free genuine licence key for 1 year from there own website. Follow the above link

http://www.avast.com/registration-free-antivirus.php

Hello Dr. A. Vijaya Kathiravan

Now, Norton Internet Security available in market with the price less than Rs. 1200 for a single license. We can install the NIS-2011 of single license on the perconal computers at one time. Please note that the expiry period of all PC's will same.

Editor & Diamond Member - IndiaStudyChannel.com

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.