You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Windows XP

Forget Password

hi friends

I have forget my administrtor password. pl help me out

thanks in advance,
    Hi,

No need to worry , you can break the password with XP CD. Please just follow the below given instrucions.

1)Insert Windows XP CD and press start setup
    2)Once you get the option to repair the current installation press R button to do so
    3)Wait until it reboots (this will happen automatically).
    4)After getting reboot you will get a Installing device bar , press SHIFT + F10 to open a command prompt
    5)At the prompt either type in "nusrmgr.cpl" w/o quotation and press enter
    6)select the users and change or remove their passwords accordingly and apply setting and close the control panel windows and command prompt windows so that setup is running again

The user now should be able to login into windows and there is no need for reinstalling the existing windows.

Hope this helps..

Best Regards,
    Arun M.S.

thanks arun , it's very useful information

Thanks N Regards
    Rahul Raj.

hello,

Thanks to the arunms for telling the trick to break the administrator password as it is helpful for the unknown users who are new with the operating system.

Chirag Sachdeva

Hi Chirag,

My support is definitely there always for the members.

Best Regards,
    Arun M.S.

Hi Friends

Thanks for the useful information, real most of the peoples doesn't know what to do when forget password. Normally they will format the wole harddisk and reinstall the operating and system, and they will loose the information stored on there hard drive.

-------------------
    Regards
    Mehmood Sultan

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.