You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Networking (LAN)

How can I access a computer which is at some other place

Hello Every one,

I would like to know how we can access another computer which is far away from your place.

raghav
    You can access systems at other geographic locations through remote connections. There are softwares available to enable remote connection between systems at different geographic locations.

One of them is Team Viewer

If the systems are on same network, for example corporate networks then they can be accessed via net meeting, remote desktop connection. You will need the system name or IP address of the other system.

Raghav and Sam thanks for raising this post and the apt reply given by Sam on the question. As said same area network can be accessed with the software Team Viewer and i experiened it.

K Mohan

The '''Cheer Leader ''' of this site

Hi,

It is easier by using Team Viewer or using VNCviewer.there is other software by which you can access the machine remotely.

D.Jeya Kumar(JK)
    MVP
    http://tamilpadamcomedy.blogspot.com

You can access your computer from any part of world. There are some tools in Windows like Remote Desktop Connection that we can run by own using following steps:

1. Click on Start
    2. Then Select Run
    3. In the Open Dialog Box type MSTSC
    4. then press enter

Other Way

1. Click on Start
    2. Select All Programs
    3. Select Accessories
    4. Then Select Remote Desktop Connection

Please note that to use Remote Desktop Connection you must change setting on that computer which you want to access. To change that settings you can use the following steps:

1. Select My Computer
    2. Right Click the My Computer
    3. Go to the Properties of My Computer
    4. Select the TAB named Remote
    5. Check the 'Allow users to connect remotely to this computer'
    6. Click Apply
    7. Then press OK to exit.

Also you can connect any of the computer from computer or mobile phone also. To access computer from mobile phone you must have GPRS connection on your mobile phone. Then you can install Vnc Mobile on the cell phone. Also you must install VNC server on the system that you want to connect from mobile. Then you must give the IP Address of that system in the mobile phone software Vnc Mobile. Also we must allow the port 5900 into the firewall of computer. In Vnc Mobile we should give IP Address as given below:

If the computer IP : 192.168.0.15

Then we can access from mobile phone using Vnc Mobile then we should enter the IP of that computer as given below:

IP to enter in Vnc Mobile: 192.168.0.15:5900

5900 is port for both VNC for computer or Vnc Mobile. I think this will be helpful to you.

Editor & Diamond Member - IndiaStudyChannel.com

Hi Raghav,

There are many free software avilable in the net to access your pc from anywhere in the World. I suppose Logmein/RADMIN is the best Remote software which you can access the pc from anywhere the World.

For same network(domain) you could be access the pc Via Netmeeting or RDC (windows). Presently most of the IT professional are using RDC to access machine over remote.It's very simple to use!!!

Best Regards,
    Arun M.S.

Hi friends,

You can access your system from anywhere in the world. Best solution for doing this Logme in

It is really working.

Regards,

Sameera M

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.