You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Installation and Setup

Getting Thermal Power error

Past two days I was facing an issue in one of my system, while working in the machine it shutdown automatically. When I restart the system it displays before it gets boot that "Your system was shutdown earlier improperly due to thermal power

Any idea?
    Hi Rahul,

The problem may occur due to

1. The temperature setting of CPU has been changed from motherboard setting. It may be goes to lower than 75 or 60 degree centigrade-so that the operating system shutdown the system automatically.
    2. It may be possible that your CPU fan is not working and CPU is going to overheated that is why OS may shut down the system.

Below is the Solution

1. Change the motherboard setting DEFAULT or AUTO. Do it from BOIS setting during starting of system.
    2. Check your CPU fan is working or not , if not check the CPU fan wire is set on motherboard or not.
    3. If fan is working and you have changed the motherboard setting to DEFAULT and still you experienced an same issue please remove the motherboard battery for 2-5 second and then set the battery, may be problem be solved.

Please note Over heating of CPU may damage your CPU and Motherboard

Best Regards,
    Arun M.S.

Hi,

In order to avoid damaging the system, the computer will automatically shut down because of the CPU cooler fan failure. Try to check the power supply of the fan and try to clean the fan. If the power supply is not proper then try with other power cable which will help to run the fan.

Try the solution and let me know

D.Jeya Kumar(JK)
    MVP
    http://tamilpadamcomedy.blogspot.com

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.