You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Windows XP

Installing error from pendrive

I have a PC with 80 GB SATA hard disk, 256 MB DDR3 RAM & mother board of mercury (PVM7). I tried to install Windows XP from pen drive but when the loading of files completes and the first screen appears to continue windows installation, After pressing enter to continue a blue screen appears giving a message that "windows has shut down to prevent from serious error. This might be due to some virus or hardware & software failure". But from same pen drive I tried to install windows in Lenovo laptop and i could easily install it. I tried so many times creating fresh windows boot able pen drive but the problem was same. What is the reason behind it.
    Hi,

I hope there should be some hardware failure like RAM, Processor, Hard disk bad sector, SATA cable, USB port and many more reasons. Try installing the Windows XP using CD and see the same error occurs, so that we can narrow down to the problem.

D.Jeya Kumar(JK)
    MVP
    http://tamilpadamcomedy.blogspot.com

Hi Lakshman,

These errors are known as BlueScreen or STOP errors, and they can be caused by several things.BlueScreen errors may be caused by either a software problem or a hardware problem.

Advised try to installing WinXP using CD , if same error again persists there is an issue with your HARD DISK.

Please check & letme know.

Best Regards,
    Arun M.S.

Hello,

Your pendrive need checking means you must not install from pendrive rather use windows xp cd.

Or you computer is not functioning well.You must install through cd only.Then there will be no error.

Best of luck
    PAMELA

www.kitu13.blogspot.com/

hello,

I think some previously installed windows files has blocked the working of the installation of the new operating system because that files are not properly deleted from the computer system while installing the file of the new windows, the problem occurs in the memory which is to read/ write head that may be not able to read the data completely from your system and doesnot detect the correct location of the storage of the previously installed window files.

The problem may be due to loose connections and check your connections and then make sure that proper booting should take place after the fixed interval of time that allows the installation of the window from the pen drive and also check for the autorn malware which residues in pen drive. if , there then allow to remove them from system.

Chirag Sachdeva

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.