Updation is important for all the operating system. But many of the users won't like new updates or auto updates. In Windows 10 generally there is no option for the users to turn off their automatic updates. But there are other options which could stop these updates. Here I have listed some of the methods in order to stop the automatic updates in Windows 10.
Method – 1: Normal Search
In this method you need to search normal to finish the steps of auto updates. It looks so simple and it may also work in most cases. Follow the steps given below:
1. Go to Search box and search for "services.msc".
2. Once you find it, open it for further processes.
3. There you may find a listing of many service packs.
4. Find "Windows Update" in it.
5. Click to open the Windows update.
6. You will get "Windows Update Properties".
7. There from the Startup type, select the "Disabled" option.
8. Finally click Apply button and then finish it off by clicking OK.
Method – 2: Network under Group Policy
This method is similar like the method 1 but if your network is connected and managed by Group policy, then you need follow this method to stop the auto updates. Follow the steps given below:
1. Go to search box and search for "Edit Group Policy".
2. If you find it, go to "Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Windows Update".
3. Click the Settings option.
4. There some lists will be shown, select the appropriate option for the choice of action you need.
Method – 3: Metered Connection
Most of them try to access your internet connection through Wi-Fi. In that scenario you need to follow these simple steps to control the auto updates. These steps will work only the network access through Wi-Fi. The other process won't be working with these steps. It will stop the downloading of auto updates. Here are the steps:
1. Go to "Change Wi-Fi settings".
2. Find "Advanced Options" and click.
3. There you can see "Set as metered connection".
4. Enable that option.