Registration for GST has the following criteria for the business or the proprietorship before it gets registered. Any North Indian company or proprietor with the turnover of 9 Lakh liability to register. Also for tax the liability to tax is 10 Lakh Rs.
For the rest of India, the liability is Rs.19Lakh to register. And tax liability of Rs.20 Lakh. Any company under this turn over per year is not forced to register under GST.
Apart from this, GST requires a registering company to be -
1. Company or proprietorship entity that is registered for selling goods and services.
2. It has accounting records for the cash flow and the supplies.
3. Collects the tax legally on the goods and the services.
Registration process -
1. Application from proprietor, Pvt ltd and LLP requires PAN, DIN, TIN and VAT number documents. This is to be submitted in scanned copy with Form GST REG–01 on GSTN portal.
2. After registering the documents and the personal details are verified.
3. FORM GST REG-02 is signed electronically.
4. Part B of the REG–01 needs to be supplied after this process. And then respective documents need to uploaded.
5. This process creates Form 03. Which applicant needs to fill the details in next upcoming form.
6. Applicant needs to attach the respective details of Form 03 in it's corresponding Form 04.
7. Applicant will then get to sign and receive the Form 06 for the work they do in single vertical. For those in multiple verticals different form has to sign.
8. If the Form 07 is signed then GST application can be cancelled. This shows the company or proprietor is not liable to collect taxes.
9. After getting the respective documents, any future liable payments for GST are to be done through GST portal.
This pretty much sums up the process of the GST registration on the portal.