The instructions explained in this reply are specific to cpanel hosting. If you migrate your hosting to the private dashboard based hosts such as - 1and1, godaddy then instructions will be slightly different (in few steps).
Make sure you choose cpanel based hosting. You have options to choose from - bluehost, hawkhost, hostgator. Once you purchase hosting from these services you'd get few details which you need to keep handy such as -
2. Mail Server
Domain Registrar Setup
Once you purchase domain from the domain registrar, you need to setup your name-servers here. From the earlier step you can find the nameserver from your hosting company. This name-server details need to be added into domain settings.
It looks something like ns1.hostingcompanyname.com and ns2. hostingcompanyname.com
After you setup domain name and hosting, the next step is to setup WordPress on this domain name. Follow the instruction below.
1. Login to cpanel account of your host.
2. Go to Script installer (e.g. Softaculous or Script Installer)
3. Choose WordPress.
4. Add the details of your domain, admin username, mysql database name and password.
5. Click install.
This step will install the WordPress on your domain. And you get the WordPress dashboard URL and you can now login to the backend of WordPress.
Migrate Blogger to WordPress
You need to export Blogger XML content in order for migration to work. Follow the steps below -
1. Login to Blogger.
2. Go to Blog.
3. Go to Settings.
4. Click on Export this blog.
This creates XML file with Google's own schema. So this schema needs to be converted into WordPress schema to work. Inside WordPress you need blogger importer plugin in order to import the content from blogger. Follow the steps to import the blogger xml content into WordPress.
1. Login to WordPress dashboard of your domain.
2. Go to Tools > Import.
3. Find the Plugin for Blogger Import.
4. Install the plugin.
5. After installation it redirects to blogger import page.
6. Use upload button to import the XML file downloaded earlier.
7. This will also import pages, images, URL format and other content.
Your blogger blog is now imported to WordPress. You can now modify WordPress setup such as permalinks and other settings.
This step is required only if you want to make use of more SEO friendly URL structure. Follow the steps below.
1. Go to Settings > Permalinks.
2. Change the permalinks structure from Bloggers time, date type to something more SEO friendly such as postname.
3. Save the settings.
In case of some hosts, it may require you to update permalinks with .htaccess. In that case take help from your hosts, technical team as often this file if gets corrupted may affect your hyperlinks on blog.
Apart from this do sign up to Google search console and add your sitemap.xml to that site. This should get your website indexed quickly. This completes your blogger website migration to WordPress on your own hosting account.