Before you begin migrating your blogspot blog to WordPress, plan and get a good domain name. Once you are ready with your domain name follw these steps.
1. Export your Blog
1. Login to your Blogger account. Under Settings, click on Other.
2. Under Blog Tools, click on Export Blog.
3. You will be presented with a pop up that will ask you to download blog. Click on Download Blog.
4. Contents of your blog will be downloaded in the form of an XML file.
5. Save the file in an appropriate location.
2. Import the blog to WordPress
1. Go to your WordPress admin page,
2. Choose Tools and Import on the sidebar.
3. Now select Blogger. It will bring up a pop up asking you to install Blogger Importer tool.
4. Let WordPress download and install the Blogger Importer tool.
5. Once the tool is installed, click on Activate Plugin and Rum Importer.
6. The Import Blogger screen will ask you to upload the XML file you downloaded in step 1.
7. Select the file from the location you saved it to and click on Upload and Import button.
8. WordPress now imports your blogger posts one by one. Once finished, you may be asked to assign author account. You can create a new author account or assign the current author.
Done! You have successfully migrated to WordPress.
Now, if you do not want to lose your earlier traffic that you had to Blogger, you may need to set the permalinks as close as possible to what you had in Blogger.
Do remember that you will lose traffic when you move your blog to other platform. Redirection will help you to get your regular readers to get redirected to your new site. Blogger lets you point your blog to the new address which lets your readers get pointed to your new site. Share the change on your social profiles.
Live....and Let Live!