|Author: [Anonymous] 30 Nov 2015 Member Level: Gold Points : 3 (Rs 3) Voting Score: 0|
May your PC is not virus free. Sometimes malware(virus) cause crashes to browsers.
There are two ways to handle this issue easily:-
1. Scan the Chrome browser folder( default address C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome) with a good anti-virus. For best result scan with Bitdefender Anti-virus.
2. Fully uninstall Chrome browser and restart your PC. And finally install latest Chrome browser.
|Author: pranay anumula 30 Nov 2015 Member Level: Gold Points : 2 (Rs 2) Voting Score: 0|
Perform a Custom scan of the whole computer and find any virus or affected files and remove those files.
If the problem persists then uninstall and clean all the folders regarding chrome and reinstall that. Restart your PC.
|Author: Anwesha 30 Nov 2015 Member Level: Diamond Points : 10 (Rs 10) Voting Score: 0|
I had the same problem a couple of months back. Now if this is happening only with Chrome and not with other browsers, then the problem cannot be a virus. But it can be a virus if other browsers and programs are facing equal problems.
So, with chrome as we all know there is a memory problem. So to solve that follow these simple steps.
1. On the top right menu icon, select History
2. From there select "clear browsing data"
3. It will prompt for the time span, there you select "beginning of time"
4. You might lose few data like saved passwords, favorites, but no data will be removed which are saved properly.
After you are done with this, clean your system with Disk Cleaning Software. While doing this don't keep any browser window open especially Chrome.
If you notice, it is skipping out the Chrome from the list, you have to select the program manually and click on "clear".
After this restart your system and see if it works. If it doesn't then you have to undergo the entire process of uninstalling and re-installing Chrome.
|Author: Timmappa Kamat 30 Nov 2015 Member Level: Platinum Points : 18 (Rs 18) Voting Score: 0|
There are several reasons for Chrome to crash on you. Let me point out a few of them and fixes that may help you solve the issue.
1. Some third party software is known to cause Chrome to crash or face freezing. Type in chrome://conflicts in the address bar and check out the malware or any software that conflict with your Chrome installation. Consider updating, reinstalling or uninstalling the concerned software. If it is a malware that causes the issue, you may need to use any good Malware removal tool. Malwarebytes is one one such good option.
2. Chrome is always known to be a biggest memory hogger - be on Laptop, PC or smartphone. It could be the lack of memory that could be causing browser crashes. Clear all browsing data. You can select a particular time frame or delete all browsing data. Please note that your saved passwords and other details may be lost. If it does not solve the problem, scroll down in settings and reset your Chrome settings to default.
3.Close all the tabs except the that throws error and reload the Web page. It may solve the issue.
4. Chrome can crash when it encounters a plug in that is not widely used. In fact, Chrome may be considering a particular plug in to be a security risk and as such may crash while attempting to block it.
5. Some firewall and/or anti virus settings may be preventing Chrome from opening a web page and can cause it to crash. Turn off the anti virus and Check to know whether your Chrome browser works fine. If the issue is because of anti virus, you will need to create exemptions in the concerned anti virus.
6.Some malicious applications might have been causing intentional conflicts to cause Chrome to crash. It would be a better idea to install Chrome Cleanup Tool from Google. Be sure to download it from Google's own servers.
7. Outdated or conflicting registry entries may cause crashing. Download a reliable registry cleaner and cleanup the registry entries that may be the cause of issues. CCleaner is one such good application.
8. Clear all your cache, cookies and extensions. Add extensions one by one and check the performance over a couple of days. That would help you identify the rogue extension.
9. If all fails, uninstall Chrome. Go for a complete uninstallation using applications like Revo Uninstaller. Reboot your PC, and now download and install Chrome. Normal uninstalation procedure from Control Panel may leave some fragments of the browser, which may cause the resumption of the same issue.
|Author: Mahesh 30 Nov 2015 Member Level: Diamond Points : 16 (Rs 16) Voting Score: 0|
Google Chrome often has issue of debugger conflict. This makes google chrome not even launch on the desktop. This way the app is harder to resolve for the bugs. And this in turn makes any attempts to use configurations or settings to fix it not possible.
If the issue is similar to this then all you have to do is make clean uninstall of the Google chrome. Uninstall the google chrome from control panel. If there are any residual file left into the system then you have to use Revo uninstaller. Also remove the registry keys for the Google chrome. You can use CCleaner app to remove the registry keys. This way you'll get the cleaned uninstall for the Google chrome.
After this step, you can go ahead and download new installer for the Google chrome. If you still have this issue then instead of downloading google chrome. Download Chromium browser installer which is alternative chrome core browser.
Before running the chrome browser next time make sure you run the antivirus and antimalware software for the scan. You can also use Malwarebytes antimalware for scanning your computer.
In most cases this should fix your chrome installation from starting the browser instance on your desktop.
|Author: [Anonymous] 17 Dec 2015 Member Level: Gold Points : 0 Voting Score: 0|
Thanks to all of you for the extensive support on this (Google Chrome error) issue. These answers are really helped me out to come with good browser and safe. Appreciate it.