For registering as a seller on Amazon India, you will need the following documents -
1. Details of your company. Invoice and taxation informations would be necessary.
2. Contact details of the individual - email ID and contact numbers.
3. Basic information about the business.
4. VAT/CST registration certificate.
5. PAN card details of individual/ business.
6. Bank account details in the name of business.
Registration is quite simple. Follow the below mentioned procedure for the same.
1. Just provide your business details, taxation info and bank account details.
2. List your products. You can either lost them in bulk or one by one. Amazon has Webtools to help you upload products.
3. Once the product is listed, buyers see your products and can decide on their purchasing decisions.
4. When the buyer places an order, you are intimated of the same via email. You can decide to deliver the product yourself or let Amazon do it on your behalf.
5. Amazon deposits your payment in your bank account once the order is delivered.
The following charges are payable -
1. Monthly subscription fees - Currently zero as part of promotional offer till 31st December, 2015. Standard charges are Rs. 499 per month.
2. Closing fee - Closing fees are charged on the basis of total order value. For orders upto Rs. 250, the fees are zero. For order value between Rs. 250 to 500, Rs. 5 is charged while for orders above Rs. 500, you are charged at Rs. 10.
3. Referral fee - The referral fee is dependent on product categories. You can get the detailed information on Amazon website. The fees range from 5 to 15 per cent of the product value.
4. Cancellation charges - The orders cancelled by the seller for any reason will attract a cancellation charge of 2.5% of order value.
All the above fees attract a service tax addition at 14.5%.
Live....and Let Live!