|Author: Timmappa Kamat 09 Nov 2015 Member Level: Platinum Points : 9 (Rs 9) Voting Score: 0|
Well, upgrading to Lollipop using the below mentioned method may turn wrong and make use device unresponsive. I would advice you to follow each step carefully and at your own risk.
1. Make sure the USB drivers for your device are installed on your PC.
2. Enable USB Debugging on your phone by going to Settings->Developer Options.
3. Download the custom ROM for lollipop. There are certain sites offering the download of ROMS, but it may be not suitable to provide the links here.
4. Install ClockworkMod recovery from Play store. You may use the link https://play.google.com/store/apps/developer?id=ClockworkMod&hl=en
5. Download ROM Manager from Play store.
6. Now connect your device to the PC using USB cable. Copy the ROM downloaded above to your device SD card.
7. Boot into Recovery using ROM Manager.
8. Backup your data and then delete all data using backup/ restore option in recovery.
9. Go to the main menu on recovery and choose Flash ROM from SD card option, locate the ROM file you just copied and follow the on screen instructions to complete the installation of custom ROM.
That's done! You have updated your Unite 2 to Android Lollipop.
|Author: pranay anumula 09 Nov 2015 Member Level: Gold Points : 10 (Rs 10) Voting Score: 0|
I think MicroMax Unite 2 has Official Lollipop update Rolled over ( you can check that in Settings << About Phone << System Updates ) and If your Device hasn't got that Update, you can try Below steps.
1) To get started, download Android Lollipop ROM (not official but it is a Micromax ROM) and SP Flash Tool to your computer. Once done, extract the ROM package and save its contents in a folder in your computer.
Download Link for Android Lollipop ROM--- > http://www.androidrootguide.com/list-android-custom-roms-official-roms-root-software-download-links
Note: This Lollipop ROM works both on 4 GB and 8 GB variants of Micromax Unite 2 A106 Android smartphone.
2) Now install SP Flash Tool and open its Window in your computer. Once done, click on "Scatter-loading" button in SP Flash Tool's window and select the "MT6582_Android_scatter" file from the extracted ROM folder (Step 1).
3) Next, select "Firmware Upgrade" from the drop-down menu in SP Flash Tool. Once done, you will see 11 files loaded in the SP Flash Tool window. Now, switch off your Micromax Smartphone by removing its battery. After a while reinsert the battery of your device but don't switch it on.
4) Now, click on the "Download" button in SP Flash Tool window and connect your smartphone in switched off state to the computer using the original USB Data cable. The flashing will begin and it usually takes 3-4 minutes to get completed. Once done, you will see a success message showing up in SP Flash Tool.