|Author: Timmappa Kamat 13 Aug 2015 Member Level: Platinum Points : 10 (Rs 10) Voting Score: 0|
Steps to avoid your computer being hacked
1. Install an AntiVirus
Most of us abstain from installing anti virus thinking it to be expensive. Remember that not installing could turn out to be more costly. Moreover, you can now get a host of free anti virus applications. You may go for Avira, Bitdefender or Kaspersky.
2. Update all software
Keep your virus database updated. Huge number of viruses are being introduced almost daily and anti virus softwares keep updating their databases on a regular basis. Do not ever postpone updating your virus database. Keep Automatic Updates turned on your Windows.
3. Check for trustworthiness of new software
Check software for reliability before installing them. Some programs ask your permission to install some other applications with them. Never allow the additional software installation. Simple rule should be - If you are NOT using a software, do not install it.
4. Delete unknown mails
Spam mails tend to bring virus with them. Never open a mail that sounds fishy. If possible, you can block the email address.
5. Beware of Ads
Do not click on suspicious ads. Be more careful about the kind that inform you that you have won an award or prize. Nothing in this world comes for free!
6. Run Virus scans regularly
Run virus scans at least once in a week. Setting up a schedule for the virus scan will be more helpful.
7. Be careful while using someone else's device
The USB stick that your friend has might have virus on it. Many anti virus programmes launch scan when a external drive is attached.
8. Do not visit untrusted websites
Some websites are shady. Such sites normally use porn to attract visitors. Take care while opening such websites
Steps to avoid your smartphone being hacked
Smartphones are less prone to virus attacks. However, you can take care of following points -
1. Lock your phone up when you are not using it. Set a password to open it. Make sure you are changing the password regularly.
2. Keep your phone firmware updated.
3. If your phone supports tracker functionality, activate it.
4. Install only those apps that come from trusted sources. Avoid sideloading an app, unless it is absolutely unavoidable.
5. Never leave your phone unattended in a public place.
6. Delete messages and mails received from unknown persons.
7. Access internet only via those WiFi networks that are secure.
|Author: Sagar 23 Aug 2015 Member Level: Silver Points : 12 (Rs 12) Voting Score: 0|
Here are the rights methods to protect your smartphone and your computer/laptop from being hacked. Roll down to know more.
Methods to protect your smartphone from being hacked
1. You should lock your smartphone when you aren't using it. You should use the password protection on your smartphone. And make sure to update/edit or change your password regularly.
2. You should activate the phone's tracking option. It will help you to track your smartphone if it moves. If your smartphone gets lost then you can use the tracker application to find it out. This makes difficult for the hackers to access the data on your smartphone.
3. You should update your smartphone's firmware to the latest version. Most of the smartphone do this work automatically but if you have switched it off then you need to download the latest firmware manually from the Web.
Follow the steps given below for downloading the latest firmware manually:
(A). Connect your smartphone to the PC and then launch the software which came with your smartphone.
(B). Then the application will automatically connect to the download Web page.
(C). Download it and then install the latest firmware on your smartphone.
4. Download and install only those applications or apps which are from a trusted source. I recommend you to use the "Play Store" of your device as it stores only those applications which are from a trusted source, safer and are verified properly.
5. You should avoid leaving your smartphone alone in any public place like on the office desk, restaurant table etc. If you have to leave your smartphone there then make sure to protect it with a strong password.
6. You should not connect to the free public Wi-Fi. There are many fake Wi-Fi or networks created by the hackers for hacking your smartphone.
7. Once you have done all your work with the connected Wi-Fi. You should tap on the Forgot Network option for sure.
8. You should not download any Email from any unknown sender. As they might even hack your smartphone with those fake Emails.
9. And the best method to protect you smartphone from the hackers is to install a light antivirus on your smartphone. There are many antiviruses available for your smartphone but you should only installed the popular, trusted and the light ones as a heavy antivirus can be the cause of slowing down the performance of your smartphone.
Methods to protect your computer from being hacked
1. You must make sure to install a good antivirus on your PC. If you do not have any good antivirus installed, you are asking for the troubles then. Some of the best antiviruses for your computer are listed below:
2. Installing a antivirus isn't enough to stop the hackers from hacking your PC. You should also update all the software on your PC. The most important update is of your antivirus installed on your PC. And the second most important update is of your Windows. So you should keep in mind to update both these parts regularly when the update is available.
3. You should installed only the trusted software on your PC. You should check the reviews and the source of downloading any software on your PC. Some programs asks you to install any other program during the main/original installation. Be careful, these are usually the spywares used by the hackers to hack your computer.
4. You should avoid the P2P file sharing software. It is usually used for sharing songs, movies, software etc. While you download these the keystroke logger automatically gets installed with these. And now the hacker can easily keep an eye on all your work.
5. You should delete the unknown Emails. If you ever receive any Email from any unknown sender then you should not open it. As the hackers have made it an easy way to attach their spywares in it for hacking your computer easily.
6. You should not click on the Ads. Specially those apps which offers you to win prizes from games like shooting the duck and many others.
7. You should run a virus scan regularly on your PC. If you don't have time to scan every day, then at least run a virus scan once in a week.
8. You should not visit the untrusted websites. Specially if you browse any porn website then you are definitely going to get some viruses and a might a spyware as well.
9. You should install the latest firmware and you must make sure to turn on the Windows firewall. A firewall stops the hackers from accessing the data on your computer.
10. You should use a strong login password. Avoid using passwords like 123 or your phone numbers.
11. You should change your password regularly.
These were some of the best methods or ways to protect your smartphone and the computer from being hacked by the hackers.
|Author: Manoj Kumar Lamba 24 Aug 2015 Member Level: Bronze Points : 4 (Rs 4) Voting Score: 0|
The best way to prevent your system being hacked, you must have installed genuine and trusted antivirus on your system.
Do not open the spam mails unless you trust those.
Regularly update your antivirus and your system to beware of latest malware and viruses.
Periodically change your password.
Scan your system for viruses regularly.
You should not install software which are not genuine or trusted. Before installing such software, first read the reviews from other users online.
|Author: Aman 31 Aug 2015 Member Level: Diamond Points : 7 (Rs 7) Voting Score: 0|
If you want to stop or prevent your smartphone and your computer from the Hackers then do follow the useful methods given below.
1. Install a powerful Anti-Virus and make sure to update it when required.
2. You should not open any Email from unknown sender as this can be the best way for a hacker to hack your operating system with the spy software attached with the Emails.
3. Update all the apps or software regularly when required.
4. You should not click on any ads displayed on the web pages.
5. You should use a strong password combination and you should also change it regularly if not everyday then once in a week for sure.
6. You should run the scans regularly.
So these were some of the effective methods or ways to prevent your smartphones or computer systems for being hacked by the hackers.