Here are the rights methods to protect your smartphone and your computer/laptop from being hacked. Roll down to know more.
Methods to protect your smartphone from being hacked
1. You should lock your smartphone when you aren't using it. You should use the password protection on your smartphone. And make sure to update/edit or change your password regularly.
2. You should activate the phone's tracking option. It will help you to track your smartphone if it moves. If your smartphone gets lost then you can use the tracker application to find it out. This makes difficult for the hackers to access the data on your smartphone.
3. You should update your smartphone's firmware to the latest version. Most of the smartphone do this work automatically but if you have switched it off then you need to download the latest firmware manually from the Web.
Follow the steps given below for downloading the latest firmware manually:
(A). Connect your smartphone to the PC and then launch the software which came with your smartphone.
(B). Then the application will automatically connect to the download Web page.
(C). Download it and then install the latest firmware on your smartphone.
4. Download and install only those applications or apps which are from a trusted source. I recommend you to use the "Play Store" of your device as it stores only those applications which are from a trusted source, safer and are verified properly.
5. You should avoid leaving your smartphone alone in any public place like on the office desk, restaurant table etc. If you have to leave your smartphone there then make sure to protect it with a strong password.
6. You should not connect to the free public Wi-Fi. There are many fake Wi-Fi or networks created by the hackers for hacking your smartphone.
7. Once you have done all your work with the connected Wi-Fi. You should tap on the Forgot Network option for sure.
8. You should not download any Email from any unknown sender. As they might even hack your smartphone with those fake Emails.
9. And the best method to protect you smartphone from the hackers is to install a light antivirus on your smartphone. There are many antiviruses available for your smartphone but you should only installed the popular, trusted and the light ones as a heavy antivirus can be the cause of slowing down the performance of your smartphone.
Methods to protect your computer from being hacked
1. You must make sure to install a good antivirus on your PC. If you do not have any good antivirus installed, you are asking for the troubles then. Some of the best antiviruses for your computer are listed below:
2. Installing a antivirus isn't enough to stop the hackers from hacking your PC. You should also update all the software on your PC. The most important update is of your antivirus installed on your PC. And the second most important update is of your Windows. So you should keep in mind to update both these parts regularly when the update is available.
3. You should installed only the trusted software on your PC. You should check the reviews and the source of downloading any software on your PC. Some programs asks you to install any other program during the main/original installation. Be careful, these are usually the spywares used by the hackers to hack your computer.
4. You should avoid the P2P file sharing software. It is usually used for sharing songs, movies, software etc. While you download these the keystroke logger automatically gets installed with these. And now the hacker can easily keep an eye on all your work.
5. You should delete the unknown Emails. If you ever receive any Email from any unknown sender then you should not open it. As the hackers have made it an easy way to attach their spywares in it for hacking your computer easily.
6. You should not click on the Ads. Specially those apps which offers you to win prizes from games like shooting the duck and many others.
7. You should run a virus scan regularly on your PC. If you don't have time to scan every day, then at least run a virus scan once in a week.
8. You should not visit the untrusted websites. Specially if you browse any porn website then you are definitely going to get some viruses and a might a spyware as well.
9. You should install the latest firmware and you must make sure to turn on the Windows firewall. A firewall stops the hackers from accessing the data on your computer.
10. You should use a strong login password. Avoid using passwords like 123 or your phone numbers.
11. You should change your password regularly.
These were some of the best methods or ways to protect your smartphone and the computer from being hacked by the hackers.