You need to have registered for the internet banking facility from SBI to be able to open an RD online.
Here are the steps involved -
1. Login to your account on onlinesbi.com.
2. Navigate to e-fixed deposit tab.
3. On left hand side, click on e-RD/e-SBI flexi deposit.
4. Select the radio button for e-RD and click on Proceed.
5. Select your debit account, enter the values for the amount and tenure.
6. Select what would you want to do with the amount on maturity. Selecting Payback principal and interest will mean your proceeds will be credited to your designated account after maturity, while Convert to STDR will mean the proceeds will be deposited in a fixed deposit. If you select the second option, you will need to specify the period for which you want to open the fixed deposit.
7. Click on Submit.
Done! You have successfully opened a RD account online in SBI.
Live....and Let Live!