|Author: Timmappa Kamat 03 Jun 2015 Member Level: Platinum Points : 7 (Rs 7) Voting Score: 0|
The Windows 10 upgrade will be free for the licensed users of Windows 7 and 8. If you are one of them, you can reserve your copy of Windows 10 and install it on launch day.
If you are on Windows 8,
1. Press Windows key+C > Settings > Change PC Settings.
2. Click on Update and Recovery.
3. Click on Download or Install button.
These steps will install latest Windows updates on your PC.
Now install Get Windows 10 app on your PC.
4. Click on Windows icon on system tray, and click on Reserve your free upgrade. Enter your email ID to receive confirmation of the reservation.
If you are on Windows 7,
1. Click on Start button.
2. Type Update in the search box and click on Windows Update
3. Click on Check for updates, select all of the updates and click on install updates.
This will install latest Windows updates on your device. Rest of the instructions are similar to the above for Windows 8.
|Author: Mahesh 26 Jun 2015 Member Level: Diamond Points : 3 (Rs 3) Voting Score: 0|
If you have purchased Windows 7 or Windows 8 preinstalled computer from popular PC brands, then you are likely to get the free upgrade. The upgrades are also being given to the users who have genuine license purchased. For them the upgrades are going to be for 1 year. After that the upgrades will be paid and they are going to be charging nominal fees. The cost of the upgrade is different per region. So for India, the prices are yet to be declared. So you have to wait for those prices of delayed upgrades.