Pinterest is in fact one of the top 10 social media networks and can definitely be used as a powerful marketing tool For your blog or website. With an estimated ten million unique visitors per day, it can easily be used to reach a wider group of followers.
A " pin" need not necessarily contain an image. You can pin any kind of Web content. Pinterest will present it in a visually pleasant way.
1. It has no unnecessary gizmos and settings. It does one thing and is focused at it.
2. It is simple and that's the reason it attracts a lot people. - even from non technical genre.
3. It is visual. And thus very much fast "browsable". You need not read ANYTHING!
4. It is totally equal to all. Companies and individuals share the same interface on it. A perfect democratisation, one may say.
5. With its visual nature, Pinterest is the best deal for visual businesses like interior designers, fashion designers etc to effectively market T heir products.
1. It may give rise to many affiliate links which will be low quality.
2. It is prone to a lot of copycats. It's simple interface let's other sites aping it and stealing contents.
3. Some of the pins may cause copyright issues.
4. Privacy is is a bit of concern. It links your Facebook and Twitter accounts. It is not clear how Pinterest uses it.
Live....and Let Live!