|Author: Paresh Gujarati 19 Apr 2015 Member Level: Gold Points : 2 (Rs 2) Voting Score: 0|
I do not agree with the point that free hosting will affect the traffic or visits to website. If that is the point, free blog should never perform well. I think what matters most is the quality of content and frequency of posting affect the traffic. This also increase the visitors interest to your website. I am using domain services from Bigrock but hosted it on free space given to me by blogger/gmail. My domain www.mechanicalduniya.com performs very well.
|Author: Muddassir 20 Apr 2015 Member Level: Diamond Points : 6 (Rs 6) Voting Score: 0|
Personally, I do not trust any free web host other than Blogger and Wordpress.com. Free web hosting has more disadvantages than advantages. The only advantage is that, it is FREE. While the disadvantages are :
1. Almost every free web host shows advertisements on your blog without your permission. Even you can't stop them from doing so. In the worstest case, they will show popup ads. This will negatively impact your site's ranking in search engines. Google don't like popup ads.
2. Don't think that a free webhost will give you a dedicated server for your site. The servers of these webhosts are worst than Paid Shared Severs. This affects your site's ranking in many ways. In paid hosting, you can request your host to change your site's server but in free hosting, you can't. Read - Does Shared Hosting Affect SERPs of a Site.
3. Due to the huge number of sites hosted on the same server, the loading speed of your sites might slow down. This will affect you search ranking.
4. The space alloted by a free webhost for your website is very less. Most probabily it is 1500 MB, which is not sufficient for a long run.
5. They may ban your account instantly, if your site started utilizing more bandwith than alotted.
All in all, I do not suggest you to use a free webhost other than Blogger or Wordpress.
|Author: Aman 20 Apr 2015 Member Level: Diamond Points : 2 (Rs 1) Voting Score: 0|
As per my thinking hosting website on free host is not bad. The main thing to fetch traffic is your interest in the specific topic and your content. You must take care of these two things so as to achieve success for your blog. Hosting website for free doesn't matter in this, you can succeed even with hosting your website for free.
|Author: Joy Joon 06 Dec 2015 Member Level: Gold Points : 12 (Rs 12) Voting Score: 0|
People those who are getting into blogging look first to get free hosting instead of investing money. This is the biggest mistake of their blogging career. It is 100% sure that you will not get succeeded in achieving your targets because Google doesn't pays much attention to free hosting due to regular down time and nu-necessary advertising.
First of all, I would like to tell you that there is nothing like free hosting. You will need to pay them but payment is not through money. You pay through other means such as while you create blog on their free hosting. They will tell you to add their banner on your website which is more than paying for hosting. Apart from all these in Terms and Conditions of these hosting websites. It is clearly declared that 'They can anytime take down you website'. It means that they have full control over your product and it is in hands what they do with it.
Apart from all these if traffic to your website / blog increases then it will led to suspension of your account. All of your data and hard work will be lost.
I will recommend you to go for paid hosting instead of free hosting, if you are serious about working online.
|Author: Mahesh 07 Dec 2015 Member Level: Diamond Points : 6 (Rs 6) Voting Score: 0|
Free hosting is a good option for those who are unable to pay online. And this is because most of the people don't have money to afford on the hosting. And for them such hosting websites can be a good option. Some hosts compensate using the free ad banners and some make limits on how much space to share to have such for free.
Good things about free hosting is - free generous webspace, free subdomain name, no ads on some hosts, cpanel, FTP and few other benefits. If you compare some of the offers from the website then you may find that they offer the plans as good as the paid hosts.
SEO wise the website may not rank as good as the website with top level domain name. I find that free hosting are good enough for basic blogging when you don't have the money. But if you are serious and want to make money online then you need free hosting.