Though Google has made it possible to download videos from the YouTube for offline viewing, there are a points to be noted.
How to download the video?
1. You need to have an updated version of YouTube. If yours is not updated, go to Play Store and update it.
2. Go to the video you want to download. Not all videos are available for offline viewing though. You will see a standard download button on available videos.
3. Click on this button. You are asked about the resolution to save the file in. Currently only 360p and 720p resolutions are allowed. There is no support for 1080p as yet.
4. By default, videos are downloaded when the devi email is connected to WiFi. If you want to use mobile data, you can change it from settings menu.
5. Videos will be downloaded to the Offline category. You can access Offline category even when you have no connectivity.
Some points to be noted
1. The videos cannot be shared via Bluetooth. If you try to send it, only the link will be sent.
2. You will not be able to play the videos downloaded on your PC or Laptop. They will be saved in EXO format and also will be downloaded in parts. You can view them only on YouTube app.
3. The videos are encrypted while being downloaded. So you won't be able to play them via any other video player. They can be only be decrypted by YouTube app and thus can only be watched via the app.
Live....and Let Live!