|Author: Paresh Gujarati 19 Apr 2015 Member Level: Gold Points : 2 (Rs 2) Voting Score: 0|
Yes. It is possible by use of Offline save mode. While viewing the video online, you will have 'offline' button (down arrow, the symbol of downloading) nearer to it. Just press it and it will ask for two option.
Choose any one of the option and download the entire video to your app.
|Author: Timmappa Kamat 19 Apr 2015 Member Level: Platinum Points : 5 (Rs 5) Voting Score: 0|
Though Google has made it possible to download videos from the YouTube for offline viewing, there are a points to be noted.
How to download the video?
1. You need to have an updated version of YouTube. If yours is not updated, go to Play Store and update it.
2. Go to the video you want to download. Not all videos are available for offline viewing though. You will see a standard download button on available videos.
3. Click on this button. You are asked about the resolution to save the file in. Currently only 360p and 720p resolutions are allowed. There is no support for 1080p as yet.
4. By default, videos are downloaded when the devi email is connected to WiFi. If you want to use mobile data, you can change it from settings menu.
5. Videos will be downloaded to the Offline category. You can access Offline category even when you have no connectivity.
Some points to be noted
1. The videos cannot be shared via Bluetooth. If you try to send it, only the link will be sent.
2. You will not be able to play the videos downloaded on your PC or Laptop. They will be saved in EXO format and also will be downloaded in parts. You can view them only on YouTube app.
3. The videos are encrypted while being downloaded. So you won't be able to play them via any other video player. They can be only be decrypted by YouTube app and thus can only be watched via the app.
|Author: Muddassir 21 Apr 2015 Member Level: Diamond Points : 3 (Rs 3) Voting Score: 0|
Here is the tutorial to download videos in Youtube app.
1. Firstly, you have to update/download the latest version of YouTube app from Google Playstore.
2. Now open it and you will see the 'Offline' feature in the app.
3. Then, search for the video which you want to download. Don't think that you can download every video. Some vidos are not available for offline download.
4. You will see a download button on the available videos, click on it. Choose the resolution of the video - 360p or 720p. Now it will download the video for offline viewing.
5. That's all.