|Author: Timmappa Kamat 16 Mar 2015 Member Level: Platinum Points : 6 (Rs 6) Voting Score: 0|
If you are using iOS 8 , this bug has been persistent for no obvious reason. Though there are several hacks and tips available, the problem can be solved by a simple and quite easier way.
You just need to logout of your Apple account and login again.
If you do not know how to do it, check following steps-
1. Open Settings app, scroll down to iTunes app store.
2. Tap on your Apple ID and select sign out.
3. Re-enter your password and sign in again.
4. You should now be able to to connect to iTunes .
Please remember you need to set date and time automatically. To do this, follow the below mentioned steps-
1. Open Settings app, go to General > Date and Time .
2. Make sure the toggle next to Set Automatically is checked.
3. Now sign in to your iTunes account and check whether it works.
There are several other methods/hacks available which include the following -
1. Make sure your iTunes is updated to the latest version. An outdated iTunes app will not be able to communicate with the servers.
2. Restart your device.
3. Reset your iPhone. Make sure you backed up all your important data. Press and hold Power and Home buttons simultaneously until you see the Apple logo. Your iPhone is now reset. Try connecting to iTunes.
Hope either of these methods have sorted out your problem.
|Author: Mukhtar 17 Mar 2015 Member Level: Gold Points : 5 (Rs 5) Voting Score: 0|
Most of the time this error comes because of network issue. The other reason for this error is, If you try to connect iTunes at the time of upgrade. When you try to connect iTunes through your iPhone you get error 'Cannot Connect to iTunes Store' in Blue Screen.
Below are some tasks you can perform to solve this issue.
1. For Internet Connectivity Issue :
If you are getting this error because of internet connectivity issue, it will be resolved after performing following task:
1. Make sure you are in range of WI-FI router.
2. Must ensure that the devices such as Desktop are able to connect to WI-FI. And more importantly, they are able to access internet.
3. Reset Your WI-FI router - ( Simply turn it off and then turn it on)
2. Change Date And Time
1. If your device date, time and time zone are not updated, you can get this error but after performing below mentioned tasks you will able to solve this error.
1. Go to Settings > General > Data & Time
2. Set Automatically to ON
3. Now exit iTunes and App Store and re-open them.
3. Restart Network or Switch Wifi-3G:
If network issue is showing you the error you can fix the issue by performing below tasks.
Switch to 3G
Exit from iTunes app
4.Firmware and Software Update:
Sometime error comes from this also. Just follow steps to update your firmware and Software.
Go to Settings—General—Software Update.
Also check that your browser and iTunes are also updated.
5 Enable- "Disable iTunes Parental Controls":
I have seen many user who are facing this error problem have resolve the error by performing following task:
1. First of all Launch iTunes.
2. Tap on Preferences on second option.
3. Tap on Parental Control tab
4. Now disable access to iTunes Store and select allow access to iTunes.
5.Now quit from iTunes and re-launch it. See that if the problem is solved. If problem gets solved then you can Enable iTunes Parental Controls again.