|Author: Muddassir 06 Mar 2015 Member Level: Diamond Points : 3 (Rs 3) Voting Score: 0|
You can check your IP address through various ways.
1. Enter 'ipconfig' command in the Command Prompt. Then it will show you the IP address of your computer.
2. Goto http://whatismyipaddress.com/ with any web browser to check the IP address of your computer.
3. You can also use Hide My IP app to see your computer's IP address.
|Author: Aman 06 Mar 2015 Member Level: Diamond Points : 4 (Rs 4) Voting Score: 0|
The full form of IP address is Internet Protocol address. It is an address of a computer on a network using TCP/IP. You will find the IP address of your computer to be similar like "220.127.116.11". IP addresses are just similar to the addresses used for your houses and that allows the data to reach at the appropriate destination, i.e, you. Or simply it is an identifier for your computer or any device on a network using TCP/IP.
There are various ways to check your IP address and I have mentioned some of them below. Follow any of the method given below to know your IP address.
- Open command prompt on your computer then type "ipconfig" then hit the enter key which will then tell you the IP address for your computer.
- Open Google and type "what is my IP address" in the search box and hit of to the enter key which will then display the IP address of your computer in the next page.
- Open Google on your PC and then type "whats my IP" in the search box and then press enter key and you will get your IP address.
- Open Google and type "Check my IP" in the search box and press the enter key and you will get your IP address.
- Open website- "whatismyipaddress.com" and type your IP in that to know the location of IP address.
|Author: Timmappa Kamat 07 Mar 2015 Member Level: Platinum Points : 5 (Rs 5) Voting Score: 0|
The IP address is the means by which remote computers connected to the Internet identify each other. Like one needs your mailing address to send you a letter, computers need IP address to communicate with one another.
IP address stands for Internet Protocol address. An IP address contains four sets of digits, each set consisting of 1 to 3 digits, separated by a dot. A typical IP address will look like 45.234.001.79. Please note that each set can have upto a number 255. Thus the maximum IP address can look like 255.255.255.255.
Types of IP addresses No one seems to have answered this query in your question. We have two types of IP addresses.
Static IP address - These never change. They remain constant for a machine. Static IP address provides information about the location, ISP of the machine and other details with the precise latitude and longitude. This is considered a bit less secure though it is best suited for online gaming, VOIP etc.
Dynamic IP address - These are not constant and are assigned temporarily each time the computer accesses Internet. It is a set of IP addresses that is shared between the computers off and on. This is secure , but involves an extra cost.
How to check IP address
Using bing or Google
Open Bing or Google Chrome. Type in IP address in search field. Your IP address will be displayed normally in its own box.
You can also find out your IP address by using some of the 3rd party websites. whatismyipaddress and findurip are some such sites.
From command prompt
Enter command prompt by typing in cmd in RUN box. Type in ipconfig in the command prompt. A roll down to ipv4 field and you will find your IP address here.
|Author: Mukhtar 08 Mar 2015 Member Level: Gold Points : 5 (Rs 5) Voting Score: 0|
To identifies each and every computer, A unique string of numbers are used which are separated by full stops. This string of numbers are known as IP address.
Full form of IP address : Internet Protocol address
Example Of IP address : 255.255.255.255.
Types Of IP address : ( 1 ) Static IP address ( 2 ) Dynamic IP address
1. Static IP address : Unchanged
2. Dynamic IP address : Temporary Provided and changed every time computer connected to Internet network
Ways to check IP address:
1. Open search engines like Google, Bing, Msn, Baidu, DuckDuckGo, Yahoo or Yandex and just type IP address and you will come to know your IP address.
2. Some websites also provides you the the facility to know your IP address. Search in google for such websites.
3. You can also see your IP address by using your Desktop or Laptop. Just type cmd in RUN box. Type ipconfig in the command prompt. You will able to see your IP address