|Author: Timmappa Kamat 02 Mar 2015 Member Level: Platinum Points : 10 (Rs 10) Voting Score: 0|
Samsung has launched twin devices – Galaxy S6 and Galaxy S6 Edge. Here are a few changes from the traditional design that has become synonymous with Samsung phones-
Both the variants lack microSD card slot and removable battery.Waterproofing found on Galaxy S5 is done away with.The devices now use Samsung's own Exynos processor instead of snapdragon.
- The new devices sport Matte Aluminium frame and Gorilla glass 4 protection.
- Physical dimensions are 143.4 x 70.5 x 6.8 mm for Galaxy S6 while S6 Edge measures 142.1 x 70.1 x 7.0 mm. The devices weigh 138 and 132 gms respectively.
- Both the phones come in White Pearl, Platinum Gold and Sapphire Black color variants.
- Both S6 and S6 Edge come in a size of 5.1 inches AMOLED screen.
- The resolution has been upped to 2560 x 1440.
- It is still to be seen how this resolution affects battery life.
- Qualcomm chipset has been dumped for the in-house Exynos
- The battery is no longer removable, a clear departure from Samsung norms.
- The microSD card slot has been done away with to keep device thinner, however this has been compensated by upping internal memory to 32 GB – while 64 and 128 GB versions will also be available.
- A new feature named Camera Quick launch has been introduced to launch camera from any screen.
- Both S6 and S6 Edge will have built-in wireless charging.
- The device features a 16 MP camera with Optical Image Stabilisation.
- The front camera is of 5 MP
- Initial samples by some review sites appear promising.
- The devices ship with android 5.0 Lollipop with a new refreshed TouchWiz UI.
- Most of the bloatware have been done away with, still a few like S Health and Milk Music exist
- S6 features a 2550 mAh battery, while S6 edge has 2600mAh.
- The battery standby time supposed to be good with Android Lollipop optimisations.
|Author: Aman 02 Mar 2015 Member Level: Diamond Points : 5 (Rs 5) Voting Score: 0|
Samsung has finally released its Samsung Galaxy S6 which will be available from 10th of April in various colors such as Black Sapphire, Gold Platinum and White Pearl so that you can select the best one for your device.
Specifications of the latest Samsung Galaxy S6
It runs on Android 5.0 Lollipop which allows you to enjoy many Android games on this device. It runs on Quad 2.1 GHz + Quad 1.5 Ghz, Octa-core processor with 3 GB of RAM so as to give a great performance to you. It is available in different variants for its internal storage space which is 32/64/128 GB. It is powered by the battery of 2,550 mAh so that you can get an advantage to use it for long time. It offers a 16 MP of primary camera and 5 MP of secondary camera. It has a great design with the dimensions of 143.4 x 70.5 x 6.8 mm. It is found to be 138 gram in weight.
Features of Samsung Galaxy S6
It features a Super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen with 16M colors. It features a medium size screen of 5.1 inches which gives a great view to the running applications in your device. It comes protected by the Corning Gorilla Glass 4 back panel. It has 577 PPI which is considered to be much great in comparison with many other devices.
|Author: Timmappa Kamat 02 Mar 2015 Member Level: Platinum Points : 6 (Rs 6) Voting Score: 0|
As more and more reports are pouring in, I am forced to add up a few more details. Both S6 and S6 Edge offer some unique features unseen on Samsung devices before. Here is the brief list.
Colors S6 will come in 4 color variants - Sapphire Black, Pearl White, Platinum Gold And Blue. S6 Edge will be available in Green instead of Blue. Samsung has stated that it has used special color filaments to make them shimmering.
Construction Both these new flagships are made of Glass and metal. Samsung has ditched it's trademark plastic completely.
Edges The S6 Edge will have curved screen on both sides. This is done to make watching videos easier.
People Panel The S6 Edge has a special "People " panel to assign your favourite contacts. You can also assign a specific color to a contact. When that contact calls you, the phone will emit light of that particular color.
Finger print scanner The Fi get print scanner has a changed configuration. You now hold your finger on the button unlike swiping it in S5.
Wireless charging Both devices support wireless charging and fast charging technology. Samsung says the device can be charge to 50% in 30 minutes. Any commercially available charging pad is compatible.
Samsung Pay Samsung has introduced it's own mobile payment service - Samsung Pay. It can be used to make payments via credit cards at NFC terminals and POS.
Microsoft Apps The MS Apps now come preloaded with Samsung devices. This is the beginning of a new association.