I dont have much idea on how to deal with an invalid PAN, but if you want to submit an application for change of correction of PAN, here are the steps you need to follow.
1. Visit https://tin.tin.nsdl.com/pan/correction.html
2. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and apply for the change/correction of PAN data.
Please note that you will need to take care of the following -
1. You need submit the form online.
2. Once submitted, if it is found to have any errors, a response will be displayed on screen with the error details.
3. You need to make corrections and resubmit the form.
4. If you need to make any correction, fill the proper details and select the corresponding box on the left margin.