|Author: Timmappa Kamat 19 Jan 2015 Member Level: Platinum Points : 5 (Rs 5) Voting Score: 0|
There are a few innovative wearable devices coming up in 2015. Some of them include the following-
1. Virtual Reality Headsets
Oculus, Sony and Samsung are coming up with virtual reality headsets. Oculus is presenting itselt at CES 2015. Samsung has plans to new apps and games for the new Gear VR headset.
2. Clip-On Smartglasses
Instead of wearing the likes of Google glass whole day, Sony has developed SmartEyeGlass Attach OLED display module that can be clipped on any eyewear to turn it into smart glasses. The device is likely to go on sale in a year.
Pebble is also likely coming up with new devices. They are known for reliable functioning and great battery life. Tag Heuer is reportedly announcing a new device. The smartwatch is believed to be powerd by Intel, but no further details available.
Further innovations are likely in the fields of health, smart clothing and prosthetics as well.
|Author: Alok Nath Pandey 26 Jan 2015 Member Level: Gold Points : 3 (Rs 3) Voting Score: 0|
The details of the expected wearables that might launch in 2015 are listed below.
1. Sony may launch a Smart Watch this year that was displayed at CES. The price of the smartwatch is not declared yet.
2. Lenovo will bring in market a smartband named as Vibe Band VB10 that is compatible with any android device running Android 4.4 or higher and with iOS devices. You can get notifications for calls, SMS, Facebook, Twitter and more on the band. The device has a approximate price of Rs 5500.
3. Garmin will bring in market it's three wearable smartwatch. These are Garmin Vivoactive, Fenix 3 and Epix .
4. Alcatel's smatwatch will also be available in the market in 2015.
5. it's expected that Asus will launch three wearable devices in 2015.