The following are the two reliable steps to upgrade your Redmi 1s:
How to upgrade your Redmi 1S smartphone to the latest MIUI v6 KitKat using Updater app:
- Before proceeding further, you will need to download the MIUI ROM from the official site - http://en.miui.com/download.html.
- After downloading the above mentioned file, move this zip file to your Redmi's internal memory card.
- Now, open the updater app from your device and after this simply press the menu button. Now tap on the "select installation file". Now choose the MIUI zip file which you moved to your SD card and select "update now" to proceed further.
- Wait for the update process to get over and then select reboot now to enter a new system. Congrats! you have successfully updated your device to the Android Kitkat.
Another way to upgrade your Redmi 1S smartphone to the latest MIUI v6 KitKat:
- Download the latest MIUI ROM from the URL which I mentioned above.
- Now, rename this downloaded zip file to update.zip and move it to the Redmi's internal SD card.
- Now turn off the phone by pressing the Volume key and the Power button at the same time, wait for the screen to show up again.
- After your phone gets in recovery mode, select "English" by using the volume keys and press the Power button to confirm.
- Now from the menu that appears, select "Install update.zip to system One".
- Wait for the update process to get over and then go back to the recovery main menu to select "Reboot to System One".
That's it, you have successfully updated your Xiaomi to the latest Android Kitkat.