|Author: Phagu Mahato 01 Dec 2014 Member Level: Gold Points : 3 (Rs 3) Voting Score: 0|
The scheme 'Jan Dhan Yojana' was launched by the Prime Minister of India Narendra Modi on 28th August 2014. It made history as 1.5 crore bank accounts were opened all across the country.
All accounts under 'Jan Dhan Yojana' have the following facilities:
1. Account can be opened with zero-balance with RuPay and debit card.
2. Offers Rs. 1 lakh accidental insurance free of cost.
3. Overdraft facility of upto Rs. 5000
4. Aadhar card is enough to get you an account. No other documents required.
|Author: Alok Nath Pandey 25 Dec 2014 Member Level: Gold Points : 3 (Rs 3) Voting Score: 0|
The main benefits of Pradhan Mantra Jan Dhan Yojna are:-
1.It provide accidental insurance of Rs 1,00,000 to the account holder.
2.It provides overdraft facility of Rs 5000 to the account holder only if the account is 6 months old. The overdraft facility can be availed by only one member of a household.
3.The minimum age requirement for opening a bank account is 10 years so anyone who is of 10 years or more can open a bank account under Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojna.
4. It's a program so that the part of society which is disconnected from the financial access should get the access of facilities like banking, remittance insurance etc.
|Author: Timmappa Kamat 07 Jan 2015 Member Level: Platinum Points : 5 (Rs 5) Voting Score: 0|
Pradhanmantri Jan Dhan Yojna has been launched with an aim to bring economic equality.Any one can open a bank account so as to enable them to come into economic mainstream.
WHAT IS JAN DHAN YOJNA
It is a scheme launched under which every family will be able to open a bank account without any hassles.Account can be opened with zero balance.
BENEFITS OF THE SCHEME
1. Each family can have their own bank account free of cost and easily. Only Aadhar card is enough for opening the account- no further documents needed.
2. Poor family will have an opportunity to find a place for saving their earnings.
3. Each new bank account will get a RuPay debit card which will enable them to withdraw money anywhere.
4. The account can be operated at zero balance , so no worries of maintaining minimum balance.
5. Each family getting into the scheme will get Rs.30000 life cover.
6. Along with life cover , accidental insurance of Rs. 1 Lakh for each account holder.
7. If the account is in good standing and there are some savings , an overdraft facility of Rs.5000 will be given.
8. All benefits under central/state/local bodies will be transferred to the beneficiary bank account , thus avoiding middlemen.