|Author: Mobile Boy 22 Aug 2014 Member Level: Gold Points : 7 (Rs 7) Voting Score: 0|
I am using McAfee Internet Security 2012 in my PC running Windows 7. It bought it for Rs.700, you can buy the same in Amazon website. After installing this suite I came to know that it can't fully recover infected PC. I installed this software after my PC got infected. However this software saved my PC from lot of infection. This software is good at detecting malware. Malware is nothing but automatically executing program that affects the PC performance. Internet users should be beware of malware than any other threats. About 90% of internet users get affected by malware than any other threats.
I guess you are using Windows OS in your PC. There are some tips for Windows users to avoid unwanted threats.
1. Always use Internet Explorer which has more security features than other browsers. Internet Explorer may be slow it is because of it security features.
2. Don't download contents from unknown websites. Always download contents only if you know the site is safe.
3. Update your OS frequently. Keeping your PC up-to-date will reduce the chance of infection in your PC.
|Author: Rajasekhar 22 Aug 2014 Member Level: Gold Points : 10 (Rs 10) Voting Score: 0|
Insufficient internet security can threaten to collapse an e-commerce business or any other operation where data gets routed over the web.
To protect your important data some security agencies come up with well designed security softwares called 'Antivirus Software'. Antivirus software is computer software used to prevent, detect and remove malicious computer viruses.
These softwares come up with two varieties: free and paid. There are a lot of free antiviruses available for PCs, but their role is minimal compared to the paid versions. Among free products, Avira and Avast can be compared with paid versions.
The market is flooded with paid antivirus suites that can keep your computer safe and secure, making it tough to pick the right ones.
Here I would like to list a few of them with their pros and cons.
1. Bitdefender Internet Security 2015
1. Useful new profiles
2. Top-notch antivirus security
3. File encryption and device anti-theft features
1. Can be difficult to figure out some features
Verdict: Bitdefender Total Security 2015 combines impeccable protection with a strong range of features, including new profile settings to optimize your PC's resources.
Flipkart: Rs.695/-(2013 version)
Snapdeal: Rs.680/-(2014 version)
Sorry, I could not find 2015 version in Indian online market
2. Kaspersky Internet Security 2014
1. Fast and easy installation process
2. Friendly user interface
1. Sizable performance impact
2. Minimal privacy controls
Verdict: Kaspersky Internet Security 2014 continues the company's tradition of excellent virus protection.
Flipkart: Rs.410/-(Deal of the day)
3. Norton 360
1. Top-notch protection engine
2. Solid privacy tools
1. Install requires system restart
2. Certain features downloaded separately
3. Pricier than some competing suites
Verdict: Symantec's Norton 360 packs serious antivirus capabilities with a host of excellent parental controls, making it an excellent security suite.
Every suite explained above is only for 1 year and 1 PC.
When you ask me about my opinion, I would definitely go for 'Kaspersky Internet Security 2014'.