|Author: Mobile Boy 21 Aug 2014 Member Level: Gold Points : 7 (Rs 7) Voting Score: 0|
Smartphones will be fully usable only if you have active internet connection. Without internet connection even smartphone is a basic phone. Advantages of basic phone are high battery backup, flawless calling and SMS, torch, no worry about lags, no need of costly accessories and good built. Basic phone are very simple and easy to understand. You can teach your father/mother to press green button when phone rings and to press red button to end call. This knowledge is enough for those who are uncomfortable with latest technology.
Sometimes people find difficult to understand smartphone. They are not aware of installing apps, changing settings, downloading content from internet etc. Almost most of the options in smartphone remains unused.
I have Android phone priced Rs.4800. After installing several apps it is difficult for me even to dial phone number, attend call and end call. The phone becomes unresponsive at times and turns useless. SMS typing is another hectic task; letter appears in the text box 20 seconds after I touch a text.
It doesn't mean smartphones are fully useless. As the topic is regarding benefits of basic handset I am pointing out the drawback in smartphone.
|Author: Bhakti Savla 26 Sep 2014 Member Level: Gold Points : 7 (Rs 7) Voting Score: 0|
Advantages of basic featured budget phones over smartphone or benefits of not using a smartphone are listed below:
- You can save lot of time as you won't be active on social networking apps like Facebook and Whatsapp while on the move.
- Instead of plain messaging or Whatsapp texts, you will rely more on talking to your friends, relatives or colleagues using your phone. Having a direct talk is often more valuable than text messages or Whatsapp pings.
- You will save lot of money on internet connection plans.
- You will use your phone for the main purpose it was invented for i.e. talking and sending SMS.
- You won't have to spend money on phone insurance as your basic feature phone would be pretty cheap.
- You won't have to worry about fitting your large smartphones in your pockets. A basic feature phone is light in weight and smaller in size that can fit everywhere.
- Instead of spending more time using apps, playing games or browsing the internet, you would get to spend quality time with your family as well as friends.
|Author: Mini 08 Oct 2014 Member Level: Bronze Points : 3 (Rs 3) Voting Score: 0|
First of all you will cost less buying a basic feature phone. Next a smart phone has many features which comes with harmful rays of internet and Bluetooth, so basic feature phone will affect less ehen kept in pocket near heart.
|Author: [Anonymous] 13 Dec 2014 Member Level: Diamond Points : 3 (Rs 3) Voting Score: 0|
Basic feature phones have various advantages over smartphones -
1. Price of a basic feature phone is usually less as compared to smartphones.
2. Basic feature phones are damage resistant but smartphones are not. If you drop a smartphone, it will surely get damaged but basic mobiles are very rough and tough.
3. Smartphone batteries drain faster than basic phone batteries due to advanced hardware/software.