|Author: Mukhtar 16 Jul 2014 Member Level: Gold Points : 4 (Rs 4) Voting Score: 0|
Think twice before deleting your orkut account because this is will not be undone in any case.
Follow below Steps to delete your Orkut account:
1. After login click on settings. (For selecting setting click on a gear icon)
2. Now you will be able to see the General Tab.
3. On that tab click on delete my Orkut account.
4. Click on delete my account link.
5. Now you will be redirected to the delete Orkut page of your Google Account.
6. Check the option for permanently deleting the account.
7. Enter password to delete your account permanently.
Now you will never be able to access your Orkut profile.
|Author: Vikas Srivastava 23 Jul 2014 Member Level: Gold Points : 5 (Rs 5) Voting Score: 0|
Now it’s time to say good bye to Orkut. Perhaps Orkut community was one of the best social media to interact with people and friends previously. Now after the successful launch of Google+, Google is finally shutting down Orkut on September 30, 2014. Until then you may use Orkut as normal. You can also export your photo albums to Google+. You can save your Orkut profile, scraps, testimonials, & community posts to your computer using Google Takeout and this can be done until September 2016.
However if you want to permanently close your account then follow the below procedure:
- Log in to your Gmail then click on account then click Data tools.
- Next to "Account management", click Delete products.
- Click Remove Orkut permanently. Within a few days, all your Orkut information will be deleted, including anything you posted in Orkut communities.
|Author: Paresh Gujarati 27 Jul 2014 Member Level: Gold Points : 5 (Rs 5) Voting Score: 0|
I think you should not worry about closing Orkut account as Google has officially announced to shut Orkut community and its social networking. So, You have to just backup important stuffs before they officially close Orkut.
When you open your Orkut account, you will see a message, 'Orkut will not be available after September 30, 2014'
|Author: Sreekamal Bandopadhyaya 28 Jul 2014 Member Level: Silver Points : 3 (Rs 3) Voting Score: 0|
Unless you want to take a backup of your stuff such as your posts etc before you exit Orkut, you can just leave your account as it is.. the data will eventually be deleted once they shut down the service after Sep 2k14.