|Author: [Anonymous] 17 Jun 2014 Member Level: Gold Points : 8 (Rs 8) Voting Score: 0|
As per Rule 114(4)of Income Tax Rules, 1962, documents accepted by the Income Tax Department are shown below:
Proof of Address
Elector's photo identity card
Post office passbook having address of the applicant
Property tax assessment order
Domicile certificate issued by the Government
Allotment letter of accommodation issued by Central or State Government of not more than three years old
Property Registration Document
Proof of Identity
- Aadhaar Card
- Authority of India
- Elector's photo identity card
- Driving License
- Ration card having photograph of the applicant
- Arm's license
- Photo identity card issued by the Central Government or State Government or Public Sector Undertaking
- Pensioner card having photograph of the applicant
- Central Government Health Service Scheme Card or Ex-servicemen Contributory Health Scheme photo card
You can use your 10th class certificate as a "Proof of Identity". Date of Birth should be mentioned on the certificate. My PAN was applied through a shopkeeper who just asked me to provide 10th class certificate and some proof for address identification. So I provided him the Ration Card and 10th class certificate with two recently clicked photographs.
|Author: Paresh Gujarati 17 Jun 2014 Member Level: Gold Points : 5 (Rs 5) Voting Score: 0|
According to your issue, there are following probable solutions.
1. Send document proof which contains your name including middle name. This could be your Leaving Certificate of Class 12th. You can also send Ration card copy for this purpose.
2. You should go to a notary. The affidavit should include the detail which declares that the person is same in both names viz. with and without middle name.
3. You can also produce a certificate or letter from MLA of your area stating the details required in the form with prescribed format.
Once you are ready with this, you can send all the copies to the PAN card office.
|Author: Anwesha 29 Jul 2014 Member Level: Diamond Points : 10 (Rs 10) Voting Score: 0|
I got my PAN card just two days back.
I had to submit only three documents and two passport sized photographs:
1. Copy of Aadhar card
2. Copy of 10th class certificate
3. Marriage Certificate (if married)
I wanted to share one experience of mine:
I too tried through NSDL, but just to ask the AO number, I went to the Income Tax office which was very nearby. I was misguided and finally sent to an agent who was sitting inside the office premise.
First day he asked me to submit these documents, but when I went to submit those the next day, (as he himself filled the form) charged me 300 bucks.
As I went the wrong way from the beginning itself, I felt it was unethical not to pay him, and everything went smooth.
I shared this experience with you because, I am guessing this to be a sort of a trap of corruption.
|Author: Dhana lakshmi 01 Aug 2014 Member Level: Bronze Points : 3 (Rs 3) Voting Score: 0|
PAN stands for permanent Account number
To get your PAN card, you need to submit the following as proofs:
For Address proof: Aadhar card /voter id/ bank pass book.
For Birth proof: 10th grade sheet / birth certificate.
If you are married, produce the marriage certificate.
|Author: Alok Nath Pandey 13 Sep 2014 Member Level: Gold Points : 2 (Rs 2) Voting Score: 0|
Provide them any government issued proof that clearly defines your address ,name and all other required information .