Yes you can convert any type of video file into portable video player format. There are several "Video Converters" available for free. But, my suggestion to go for DVD Video Soft's Free Studio manager.
It has almost all converting parameters. You can convert any type of Video into your required format. Official site for downloading "Free Studio Manager" is: http://www.dvdvideosoft.com/free-dvd-video-software-download.htm
Step by Step Guide to Convert DVD Video File To Portable Video Player Format:
- Download and install "Free Studio manager" from above link.
- Install it on your computer.
- Open "free Studio Manager".
- Choose "CD, DVD, BD" option from the given options.
- Select "Free DVD Video Converter"
- Choose your desired DVD drive on "Input DVD" option.
- Select the desired format you want to convert (Choose the one your Portable video player can play!)from "Format" option.
- Choose your desired video quality from "preset" option.
- Choose your desired destination to save the output file in "output file" option.
- Click "Convert" and wait for few seconds.
- Your video will converted and you can transfer it to portable video player and enjoy watching your wedding!
Hope this solved your query! There are several video converters available online. I recommended "Free Studio Manager" because there are plenty of option than convertion of video in "Free Studio Manager" like Burning Disk, Video to image Convertion, Screen Capture and etc. This software is useful in every aspect.