There are many versions of Microsoft Windows. But in my view the best version is Windows 8. It is recently launched by Microsoft and is very fast as compared to old versions. There are many versions of Windows 8 also which are available in market. The list of versions of Windows 8 is given below:
Currently there are four versions of Windows 8 available in market which are Windows 8, Windows 8 Pro, Windows 8 Enterprise, Windows RT. It is the latest version of Windows launched by Microsoft on August 16, 2012. Let us take a look at each of them.
1. Windows 8 is the very basic edition of Windows
2. It supports x64 and IA-32 architectures.
3. This version is more powerful than Windows RT.
4. It has basic functions like start screen and some applications.
5. Microsoft Office applications are not present.
Windows 8 Pro
1. This version is like Windows 7 Ultimate and Professional.
2. Mainly designed for business functions.
3. All the features of Windows 8 are present.
4. Some of the key features are Remote Desktop, Encrypting File System, Windows Server domain, and Virtual Hard Disk Booting.
5. Special software package Windows Media Center available only for Windows 8 Pro.
Windows 8 Enterprise
1.All the features are present which are in Windows 8 Pro except Windows Media Center.
2. Some additional features are also available.
3. It is mainly designed for Software Assurance customers, Technet Professional subscribers and MSDN.
4. Main functions are networking features.
5. Not sold without license.
1. This version of Windows is available pre-installed with tablet PCs.
2. Business features like domain support and Group Policy are not available.
3. Applications available are Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and OneNote.
4. Device encryption is also supported.
5. Only third party software which are bought from Windows store, run on this Window.
You can download these operating systems from different websites like www.world4free.in and many other bloggers site which provide these type of softwares.