To create a client serve workstation using existing file(s) follow the procedure given below:
1 . In Workstation, go to File > New > Virtual Machine.
2. Select Custom and click Next.
3. Select the hardware compatibility you require and click Next.
In the Guest Operating System Installation selection screen, select I will install the Operating System later and click Next.
4. Select the guest operating system that is installed, including the version.
5. Click Next.
Provide a file name and choose the location where you want to save the virtual machine.
6. Click Next.
If necessary, adjust the number of processors and number of cores per processor required by the virtual machine and then click Next.
7. Adjust the amount of memory to be allocated to your virtual machine and click Next.
8. Select the desired networking type for your virtual machine and click Next.
9. Select Use an Existing Virtual Disk and click Next.
10. Click Browse and navigate to the location of your existing file.